Worbla's Black Art - 750 x 500mm
Because of the size and weight of this item, additional shipping charges apply for orders outside UK. Please check the delivery page for details!
Worbla’s Black Art – it’s smoother, it’s black, and it’s beautiful!
WBA is a thermoplastic which comes as a sheet, but can be used as modelling putty as well, just like Worbla’s Finest Art (WFA). It is also activated by heat (80-90°C is recommended) and can be re-activated as often as you like.
Just as all the materials of the Worbla’s Art Series, the Worbla’s Black Art (WBA) is solvent-free and contains no hazardous substances.
WBA has all the popular advantages of the WFA, and contains extra glue and provides excellent modelling features. In addition it is extremely fine. Hence you got a very nice and smooth surface without refinishing. Using modelling tools you can create amazingly smooth surfaces with the WBA and carve out details & intricacies. Because of it is pigmented black, most of the times a primer coat is not necessary.
Because of its highly fine structure the WBA stretches very evenly which is useful when moulding 3 dimensional shapes. It sticks to itself and can be used in conjuction with the original Worbla's Finest Art.
All kind of colours such as acrylics or spray paints can be used for painting the Worbla’s Black Art. Sometimes it might be a good idea using a plastic primer or a layer of wood glue before painting.
- Can be quickly re-heated as often as you want (80-90°C recommended)
- Material contains extra glue so several pieces stick together easily
- Extremely fine structure and surface which is pigmented black
- After heating the material has several minutes of working time, and can be reheated as desired
- Easy, clean and safe to handle
- Contains no hazardous substances and is solvent-free
- Excellent modelling features
- Can be painted with acrylics, spray paints and others
- All leftover can be re-used