Cosfoam - 1m x 0.5m Small Sheet
5mm weight: 0.25kg
10mm weight: 0.5kg
Because of the size and weight of this item, additional shipping charges apply for orders outside UK. Please check the delivery page for details!
Cosfoam is a heat-mouldable foam suitable for making armour and props.
Because of its high density and closed structure, the surface is very smooth. It requires only minimal priming before painting. If you heat seal the surface then you may not even need to prime it first, depending on the finish you're after.
When heated, the foam will have slight shrinkage. This is unnoticeable when moulding, but becomes useful when you want to create carved details. By scoring the foam and then heating it, the cut "opens up" and becomes obvious.
- 100kg/m3 density
- Same smooth texture on both sides
- Great heat moulding properties, can achieve very curved shapes
- Smooth surface, only requires minimal priming especially after heat sealing
- Can be carved and then heated for additional details
- Can be sanded
- Can be shaped using rotary tools
- Glue using contact adhesive or hot glue