Advanced Cosplay Lights – Animated LEDs by Svetlana Quindt (Kamui Cosplay)
In this book you'll learn everything about working with animated RGB LED strips and how to create mesmerising light effects for your props and cosplays. Choosing the right materials, soldering microcontroller circuits, 'programming' your very first LED strip and building it into your costume – every step from start to finish! And the best is: This book is still for beginners! No programming knowledge required!
Over the years Kamui has written and made videos of many cosplay making tutorials, and now they are available in book form! This book is fully illustrated, with many step-by-step guides.
This is part 9 of her books and covers:
– Introduction to tools and materials
– All you need to know about LED strips
– Getting started with the Arduino UNO
– Working with the Arduino IDE
– Understanding and editing the code
– Crawling, color changing, pulsing and blinking effects
– Wiring your very first circuit
– Working with different modes and switches
– Diffusing materials
Featured examples include:
– Gauss Rifle (Fallout 4)
– Shadowmourne (World of Warcraft)
– Nova (Heroes of the Storm)
The book is 48 pages long, in full colour, and written in English.